Uncover the best of the city from Manhattan to Brooklyn with the updated Michelin Green Guide New York City. Gateway to the United States, international diplomatic center, cultural mecca, financial powerhouse, fashion and foodie capital?this is New York, a 320 square-mile metropolis. Explore the city's world-famous buildings, museums, landmarks and neighborhoods. Through its star-rating system, multiple walking tours, well-researched places to eat and stay, colorful maps and suggested activities, the guide helps you enjoy all that New York City has to offer. Key features
• Attractions reviewed and rated using Michelin's celebrated star-rating system, such as the 2-star Guggenheim Museum in its iconic Frank Lloyd Wright-designed building and the 3-star Bronx Zoo exhibiting more than 4,000 creatures.
• Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions so you don't miss a thing; includes illustrations and floor plans for the highlights of major attractions.
• Set off on one of the multiple walking tours for a more personal experience of New York's neighborhoods. Michelin walking and driving tours give clear directions accompanied by easy-to-follow maps to keep you on track.
• Comprehensive illustrated sections on modern New York City, art, history and culture, all written by experts in their fields.
• Sidebars throughout the guide focus on a range of diverse topics such as biking in the City and the East Village's popular indie book shops.
• Detailed visitor information given for attractions, opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area and city maps.
• Practical information includes great places to eat and stay for a variety of budgets, as well as public transportation.
• Michelin Green Guides feature comprehensive, concise travel information for advance trip planning as well as spontaneous decisions during the visit.