This book gives practical advice and ready to use tips on the design and construction of subsurface reservoir models. The design elements cover rock architecture, petrophysical property modelling, multi-scale data integration, upscaling and uncertainty analysis. Philip Ringrose and Mark Bentley share their experience, gained from over a hundred reservoir modelling studies in 25 countries covering clastic, carbonate and fractured reservoir types, and for a range of fluid systems – oil, gas and CO2, production and injection, and effects of different mobility ratios. The intimate relationship between geology and fluid flow is explored throughout, showing how the impact of fluid type, displacement mechanism and the subtleties of single- and multi-phase flow combine to influence reservoir model design.
The second edition updates the existing sections and adds sections on the following topics:
· A new chapter on modelling for CO2 storage
· A new chapter on modelling workflows
· An extended chapter on fractured reservoir modelling
· An extended chapter on multi-scale modelling
· An extended chapter on the quantification of uncertainty
· A revised section on the future of modelling based on recently published papers by the authors
The main audience for this book is the community of applied geoscientists and engineers involved in understanding fluid flow in the subsurface: whether for the extraction of oil or gas or the injection of CO2 or the subsurface storage of energy in general. We will always need to understand how fluids move in the subsurface and we will always require skills to model these quantitatively. The second edition of this reference book therefore aims to highlight the modelling skills developed for the current energy industry which will also be required for the energy transition of the future. The book is aimed at technical-professional practitioners in the energy industry and is also suitable for a range of Master’s level courses in reservoir characterisation, modelling and engineering.
• Provides practical advice and guidelines for users of 3D reservoir modelling packages
• Gives advice on reservoir model design for the growing world-wide activity in subsurface reservoir modelling
• Covers rock modelling, property modelling, upscaling, fluid flow and uncertainty handling
• Encompasses clastic, carbonate and fractured reservoirs
• Applies to multi-fluid cases and applications: hydrocarbons and CO2, production and storage; rewritten for use in the Energy Transition.
Zamieszczenie recenzji nie wymaga logowania. Sklep nie prowadzi weryfikacji, czy autorzy recenzji nabyli lub użytkowali dany produkt.