The Rough Guide to Dubai
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Dubai with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to go sand-skiing in the desert, explore the Middle East's wonderful cuisine or climb the tallest building in the world, The Rough Guide to Dubai will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Dubai:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Dubai
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Bur Dubai, Deira and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including perpendicular paradise of Downtown Dubai and the romantically ancient Al Fahidi Fort
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Dhow Wharfage, Sheikh Zayed Road, Wafi and Khan Murjan Souk's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Dubai, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Bur Dubai; Diera; The inner suburbs; Sheikh Zayed Road and Downtown Dubai; Jumeirah; The Burj al Arab and around; The Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina
You may also be interested in: Pocket Rough Guide Dubai, The Rough Guide to Oman, The Rough Guide to Jordan
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.