The Rough Guide to Provence & the Côte d'Azur
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Provence & the Côte d'Azur with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest and independent recommendations by our experts. Whether you plan to stroll the same peaceful streets as Van Gogh once did in Arles, take a boat trip to the Calanques, take in the towering Roman aqueduct of Pont du Gard or wander down the maze-like alleyways in Simiane-la-Rotonde village, The Rough Guide to Provence & the Côte d'Azur will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Provence & the Côte d'Azur:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Provence & the Côte d'Azur
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Avignon, Nice and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the colourful Vieux Port in Marseille and perched mountainside village of Peillon
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Nice, Marseille and Monaco's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Provence & the Côte d'Azur, with coverage of history, religion and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Marseille and around; Arles and the Camargue; Avignon and the Vaucluse; Aix-en-Provence, the Durance and the Luberon; the Haut Var and Haute Provence; Toulon and the southern Var; Cannes and the western Riviera; Nice and the eastern Riviera
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to France, The Rough Guide to Brittany & Normandy and Rough Guides Phrasebook French
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.